Sunday, April 4, 2010

Marley and Me

"I laughed, I cried, It moved me Bob."
--Larry the Cucumber



I have fallen in love with this story! John Grogan has a way of simple bringing you in and making you feel like you were actually there. This story is heartwarming, heartbreaking, wonderful, rolling on the floor funny and balling your eyes out sad. It will take you through every emotion know to man but it will be worth it.

Like Julia and Julia, I watched the movie first, so through out the entire novel I had Owen Wilson in my head. And I have to say Owen Wilson in my head isn't so bad, he can be pretty funny! If you are an animal lover, especially a dog lover, you will love this book.

I'm sure you have heard by now, unless you live under a rock and if you are living on a rock you probably aren't reading something on internet so let's just safely assume you aren't under a rock, you know this story has a somewhat sad ending. But read it anyway, I wasn't sure I would be able to handle it and in some ways I wasn't. Reading about the end of Marley's long and happy life I couldn't help but think of my own puppy and hoping that last day with him with be a long way off. I bawled like a big fat baby!!! But it was worth it, this is one of the greatest stories I have ever read and will read it again and again.

If you haven't seen this movie or read the book I suggest you do both. If you have seen the movie but not read the book, the screen play stays pretty true to the story. All Marley's antics actually happened and there are tons more just like them!

5 of 5 stars!!!

OH Yeah, if you are interested in reading more about Marley or seeing photos check out John Grogan's page, there are also links to other Marley Books.

No comments: