Friday, May 28, 2010

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere


Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere was originally a novel by.... you guessed it,

Neil Gaiman!

I'm betting most of you don't know who Neil Gaiman is but I'm also betting that you actually do. In addition to writing Neverwhere, he also wrote Coraline, Stardust and The Graveyard Book.

He didn't, however, write Neverwhere, the graphic novel.
Mike Carey and Glenn Fabry did. They just took his novel and added pictures.

At first I was unsure whether or not to read the graphic novel because I have the novel sitting on the book shelf just waiting to be read. But it was the last week of May and I had only read 2 books and I can read graphic novels in one day. So I read it.

I didn't really like it. I don't know if it was the gruesome pictures or the somewhat confusing story line. Either way, I didn't like it.

Which makes me nervous about reading the actually novel. Which I was excited about...
now I'm just nervous and slightly scared.

I guess I'll just have to read it and see.

2 of 5 stars!

No comments: