Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Sweet Far Thing and Reading list for March


So I FINALLY finished The Sweet Far Thing!!!!! Much like the other two books in this trilogy this book was really really slow and dry. There was only one thing that kept me reading, Gemma's love interest Kartik. I just really wanted to know where those two ended up, for most of this book thought they were at odds, very much love/hate relationship. So even that couldn't hold my interest enough to read faster. As far as a good or bad ending to the story, it was both. I found the book way to long and full of mindless detail, there was much that could be left out of this 75 chapter book! But the conclusion of the story itself was rather decent. I ended the story, I wasn't wanting more. This series had the potential to be amazing but the author's need for drama brought it down. I wouldn't really recommend this book or the series, it wasn't nearly that good. I should have just stopped at the first book, I really liked the first book. The book gets 2 of 5 stars and the series gets 3 of 5 stars.

So I can finally get to my reading list for March. I have gone to library and checked out these books: The Lonely Hearts Club (Elizabeth Eulberg), Maus II: A Survivor's Tale (Art Spiegelman), Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (Fannie Flagg) and Cook This, Not That: Kitchen Survival Guide ( David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding). Tune in to find out which one I'll read first....

No comments: