Monday, February 1, 2010

Rebel Angels

The last of my reads for Jan 2010 is Rebel Angels by Libba Bray. This is the second of the Gemma Doyle Trilogue and so far the least interesting. I understand that maybe some of this book was necessary but I felt as if I were reading the ramblings of a child at times. It took 25-30 chapters in order for me to get interested in the story and even then it wasn't very interesting. It also felt like it was ending the story entirely but there is a 3rd book. It seems that Libba Bray had not left any story for the 3rd installment. I will be reading the 3rd book, The Sweet Far Thing, in hopes that Rebel Angels is a fluke. A book that falls under what I call the curse of trilogies. The first book/movie/whatever is amazing and draws you and you can's wait to see what happens, the second is boring, dry and seemingly pointless, a means to an end. Bringing us to the third, which is just as fantastic as the first but mostly likely better and you finally get to see the end, where your favorite or least favorite character has landed!




My Ramblings being said I'm hoping this trilogy falls into that but I have some doubts. But being a glutton for punishment and a hopeless romantic I will read the 3rd because honestly I'm dying to find out what happens Kartick, Protective Indian Boy that secretly holds Gemma's heart! Silly I know! I guess I will just have to wait and see if this book will have been pointless or actually relevant to the story. As can be expect from my ranting this book will only be recieving 2 of 5 stars, harsh I know but it has been a painful week!

Until I can acquire a copy of A Sweet Far Thing, I will be reading this week The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger! Hopefully it's a much easier and faster read!

No comments: