Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is by far the most original and fantastic novel I've read in a long while! However, it was slightly hard to get into because at first it's hard to understand and remember what time in the story it is and who is telling it, as it switches between the two main Characters ( Henry and Clare) and goes back and forth through time. Once I had that down I couldn't stop reading! I was also slightly disappointed in the ending, it just left me wanting more but didn't leave it open for a sequel. Which I can understand why the author ended things the way she did but I would have done it differently. I highly recommend this novel to anyone, especially those of you who are hooked on romantic novels! You know who you are! I found that this book read much like a Nicolas Sparks novel without all the drama of unforeseen circumstances. Anyway, it's a great book, you should read it. I really need someone to read it, so that I may talk about in detail, I really should join a book club! Maybe I"ll start one......
I give a 4.5 of 5 stars!

Just a little note on Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife, is her first novel. I really think she is a writer to watch, I only hope that she writes more. I found her to be more original than most and that was very refreshing in a world where VAMPIRE novels is all that sells anymore. Don't get me wrong I"m a fan of Twilight but it's getting a little old, don't you think?
Anyway, my next book is the last in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, The Sweet Far Thing, by Libba Bray.

1 comment:

Girl Under Construction said...

Because of this post, I am going to try to finish the book, maybe I was just in a bad mood when I read it before because everybody tells me what a good book it is.