Friday, April 30, 2010

Lucky Man


We all know him as Alex P. Keaton or Marty McFly. I, myself and my friends grew up watching him. We loved him and I'll admit I still do. I honestly think that he is one of my favorite people. Well of the people I don't actually know. Although after reading this book I feel I know him that much better.

Michael J. Fox's memoir Lucky Man, is exactly that. A memoir. He writes about his childhood, his career and his diagnoses of Parkinson's Disease in 1990/91. He tells of the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful and the wonderful. He talks about life. His life.

Like I mentioned before he is one of my favorite people. That's one reason I was so excited to read this book (and his other two as well....reviews will follow later!) and of course I read it with his voice in my head. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone and you should go read it right now! It's not a particularly fast read but once you get going you won't want to stop, no matter how long it takes you.

Despite the feeling I've had of late of being to generous with my "stars" I still give this one 5 of 5!

Also, I think autobiographies are becoming my favorite genre for reading. I love to look into the lives of others, guess I'm just a little too nosy sometimes!

No comments: